Crossing Mid-Thirties!



//Birthday Reflection//

So It's my birthday today and I officially crossed that mid-thirties line! Reflecting on how my years just fly past right before my eyes makes me wonder how time can be lost without intentionally making full out of every second!



Reflecting on how the years goes gradually changes as I aged, with the focus now more on:
Appreciating a whole year of ups and downs, worth of gratitude, support, optimism, love, families and friendships.

Birthday to me is always worth celebrating, not for the cake but for the person and the person's immediate loved ones. I simple love to celebrate people, it makes my heart warm, fuzzy and jumpy simply standing by watching smiles emerge on faces when you see how celebration does wonders to the soul.

Reflecting my childhood memories, I have fond memories of my mum cooking "Mee Sua" for me on my birthday. It is my most looking forward present of noodles cooked by my mum with two eggs especially for me! We do not have the luxury then to go to places for celebrations, but this act of love with her kind words for me never fail to lift up my heart every single time. <3 Memories like these stays a long time, and for me it will last forever in my heart.

Gratefulness: 
At 36, with what I have in life there's just too many things and people I am thankful for to list all down. Shout out to My extended families, my amazing husband who works hard and gives his all where I appreciate with all my heart and simply love him, my lovely kids who are simply the apples of my eyes no matter what you do you are so loved, with so many people in church, people at work, hundreds of little kids and friends who loves me and many whom I loved with my heart. All the above will not fall into rightful places without God the anchor and comfort of my life =)

Celebrating my 36th birthday eating my favourite comfy food: STEAMBOAT! 
Sharing some of my thoughts of my heart as I reflect this year: 

1) Embrace life lessons
We make mistakes, and loads of it. I make many mistakes, some small ones, some not so small. When we do make mistakes, we can choose to position ourselves in the best way for the outcome, never run away from it but be brave to admit, make changes and restitution to resolve it and stay open for advise as well as being observant to the "sign post" in life God places around us to guide us through the mess. We can learn from lessons in life, and a lot times it makes us change the way we think, we process thoughts in the future and be flexible.

2) My way is not the only way 
This explains very clearly there are many ways in doing things, resolving issues as well as execution matters at hand. We must be open to know and embrace the fact that there are many ways in handling issues and things in life other than the way we perceive in our mind. Letting go of one's pride come into place.

3) Unconditional Love
Learning to give and receive unconditional love is a continuous practice that God can and will enable us to do so. A lot of times we give endlessly leaving only scraps of energy for oneself and that's when we need to realise we also need to learn to receive it with grace and humility by the main source of our Giver and people who loved us as well! It does take humility to receive love :) Embrace it :)

4) Pick the right battles to fight
Do not nitpick issues that doesn't really matter ten years down the road but do choose to see the tiniest effort put into by people and celebrate it. What we see matters how we behave.

5) Always Celebrate
Celebrate people. Success. Breakthroughs. Never forget to make it a point to make people feel special by celebrating them. This changes a whole load of atmosphere around you in a positive vibe that influence others! =) Making people laugh can be a way to celebrate people of their uniqueness as well!

Yes, thats my love in his zone of making people laugh. 

6) Never be stagnant. Always strive to learn and never stop. 
Our brain never stops growing. It's so amazing how our God create us with a brain that does not stop changing with the right thoughts that is implanted in our mind. Mindsets can be change regardless of age, and I am so hopeful that even the oldest person in the universe with the wrong mindsets can be touched and changed! What we can do on our part is never to stop learning, never be stagnant no matter how old you are and you can always make a difference by putting the living word and right information in your mind and learn about the evolving issues in life around us with growth as our target! =)

7) Be thankful and be kind always. 
There's just so much gold in all situations and so many things to be thankful for. Never fail to end your day by listing down things you can be thankful for in your mind and embrace in your heart that tomorrow will be a better day. Always remember: Everyone is fighting battles we know not of, so Be Kind always =)

Always keep calm and think positive

So thankful daily for lovelies.





Life is not just about living the life for ourselves. It's intertwined with many people around you. Live life where you look back and you know that you have made a difference. My birthday prayer is I hope I will make a difference in lives with my heart as well. Make my life count, Lord.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

//You ain't heavy, jump now//

//We don't always get it right, and it's ok//

//Special sharing in school//

Invisible line between positive and negative

//Celebrate Women//

//Father's Day Tribute-Superheroes don't wear capes//

//Connect//

//One on one attention//

Never underestimate a child